Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday Reflection - The Rainbow


Sunset over the Buffalo Marina, New York State


This week I was at the Marina waterfront, downtown Buffalo, and it was raining heavily.  
We experienced a heavy thunder storm and  were standing under a shelter to keep from getting wet. It was 9 p.m. and the sky was dark. 
Suddenly the sky became bright and there was the sun setting in the West.



The view you see here shows the Canadian shoreline across the Niagara River.


And, just a few minutes later, the sun disappears from sight having given a spectacular 'goodnight' greeting to those of us watching this incredible sight. It was raining the entire time that the sun was setting.



Just before the sun disappeared from sight the  Buffalo City Hall, which moments before was  hidden in darkness,  suddenly became a magnificent,  pink, glowing edifice. 
Amazing!
 
And then: The Rainbow appeared!


*****

Genesis 9:12-17 (King James Version)

 12And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

 13I do set my rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

 14And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud:

 15And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.

 16And the rainbow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

 17And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.






photos by peacesojourner

2 comments:

karima said...

peace sis...

your photography is absolutely stunning!

we love our buffalo sunsets!!!....during the summer, our drum group tries to rehearse on wednesdays at the marina as often as we can....looks like our next gathering there will be on wednesday, 7/29....unfortunately, our next few wednesdays have us in a business meeting at a restaurant (7/8), a studio rehearsal (7/15), and a performance (7/22).....for the last 5 years, we've been at the marina.......one summer, the dept. of public works tried to kick us out....hah!...we refused to leave and said they'd have to have us arrested....imagine us sweet mamas and grandmama's being arrested for playing our drums! hah!......there's something about drumming and sunsets that goes hand-in-hand....VERY spiritual......

peacesojourner said...

Thanks for your feedback. I will try to join you on the 29th to listen to you play. I know it will be very spiritual..............peace.