Sunday, March 25, 2012

Reflection for the Fifth Week of Lent







Reflection for the Fifth Week of Lent


A Reading from Jeremiah 31:33

But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.



A stone sits poised-

Heave it at the Zealot-
sanctimonious crowd.
Punish the harlot.
Stone them until they are dead,
along with our mercy and reason.
Or hold it. Like a worry bead
soft aromas blend meadow,
murmuring stream, swish of sunshine,
until peace with trees and breeze
creates a tranquil heart.

I am the rock
I am the tree and tornado,
savory salt and dead sea.
Within me are rage and rest,
kindness and cruelty,
love and lust,
revenge and forgiveness.
Whether I hurl the stone
or cradle it in peace
is my choice.

- Joanna Lawson


From "Seasons of Worship at Kirkridge"

A Prayer
Liberate us into a greater life, O God.
Give us eyes that see all life
as an expression of your love,
for we are your people!

Amen

No comments: